Experiential tourism in the High Andean community of Challwaccocha
The high Andean community of Challwaccocha is at 4600 meters above sea level, it belongs to the province of Urubamba, two hours from Ollantaytambo. Getting to Challwaccocha is crossing a portal in time, where you can live a unique experience surrounded by virgin landscapes in the Andes.
- 9:00 am – Departure in private mobility
- Welcome to the Community
- Typical lunch with fresh food from the area (Trout – river fishing, variety of potatoes, salad and muña mate)
- Visit to a typical home, kitchen, school, organic garden, visitors will be able to put on the typical clothes of the settlers.
- Observe the different types of potatoes they grow and their properties.
- Live exhibition of the entire process of making a loom.
- Thanks and farewell.
Rate 2023 per person
Investment: Minimum 4 people - Coordination 48 hours in advance
4 People $45.00
5 or 6 people $40.00
7 people $37.00
10 people $35.00
The pick up from your lodging in the Sacred Valley or Cusco, can be coordinated with an additional cost for the service depending on the place.
The contracted transportation service is through the company Conexión Urubamba, its units are less than 2 years old, professional driver and SOAT up to date.
Depending on the number of passengers, the transfer service is carried out in:
– A Hyundai H1 van – capacity up to 6 people + the guide.
– A Mercedes Benz Sprinter – capacity of 18 people + guide.